Sunday, November 13, 2011

There was no mercy this Saturday night.


This week I briefly attended a show put on by No Mercy Metal at LuLu's in Port Jefferson. I had to retire my metal horns early this night. I had a prior commitment that required me to rise in the early am. That being said I was able too see the first two bands of the night.
Awaken started the night. I have covered this band in an earlier blog. Check it out for more details on this band. Let me say they get better every time I see them. I got to speak with Glenn during the night and got to know more history of the band. He tells me there will be more music from them in the future. And I look forward to hearing it. But let them ride out their current CD for now. And from the positive response of the crowd tonight. They should milk every last drop from the current release. Then replenish supplies when all is done. Leave the fans wanting more I say. Then open the flood gates for them to bathe in.
The second band of the night was Fear The Dawn. This band marked there territory with their brand of metalcore. Aside from their music. I was entertained by the antics of frontman Sean Patrick. I can only imagine that he would be a fun person too hang out with. I won't go into detail of his mannerisms I observed. All I will say is that I was chuckling too myself. And a word to drummer Christopher Scott. Thank you for make photographing a band so much fun. You definitely played it up for the camera. Your personality came across big time. Its so cool when you can project to a room full of people that your having a great time. And it wouldn't be complete not to mention Guitar player Tom Mong and Bass player Greg Zahra. Fear The Dawn kicked some major ass tonight.
A big heads up to No Mercy Metal for putting together these showcases for the metal scene. This show was well attended. And that can only mean on thing. Metal is alive and well!
Im sure the rest of the night was spectacular. Like I mentioned before I had to retire my metal horns early. But I'm sure there were many horns saluting the rest of the band's into the wee hours of the morning.

No comments: