Sunday, January 8, 2012

NYC's Station pulls into Port Jeffersons LuLus

So here it is Saturday night and I'm sitting at the bar here at LuLus in Port Jefferson. I'm waiting for NYC's Station to take the stage. I stumbled onto this band after I checked LuLus schedule and said to myself who is Station? Listening to their tunes online they reminded me of an early Def Leppard. Think One Through The Night and High & Dry the best Def Leppard CD's in my opinion. Station has that raw edge that Leppard had before they started to over produce their CD's. And look how huge Leppard has become.
 Station did not disappoint. These guys came to rock and rock they did. Its a shame they were the only band to play tonight. Being a band from NYC and traveling to eastern Long Island. You couldn't expect them to bring a crowd with them. And there sure wasn't a large crowd at LuLus. Which is a shame because this band put on a great show with some killer tunes. It would have been nice to have a local hometown band with a following to help fill the club.
 Since LuLu's doesn't seem to have a built in crowd. I have opinions on why that is. Maybe I'll write a 101 book on the basics of building a clientele. I hear quite a few complaints from bar owners. Most of them expect bands to fill their establishment. And they themselves don't look at what they could do to build a clientele. I'll give all these club owners on Long Island and elsewhere a free tip. There's more to it than selling drinks. I wonder how many of them have a business plan written out on paper?
 Ok back to the band. I hope to hear more from them in the future. And I wish them well. As they will be opening for Vince Neil (Motley Crue) on January 19 at the Ridgefield Playhouse in CT. I'm betting there will be a good turnout for that show.
 You can find out more about Station the band at FaceBook and their web site stationband.com

No comments: