Saturday, October 22, 2011

The angelic voice of Eva Adalai


Eva Adalai is a must know artist from Long Island. I've been following this artist for a few years now. I've had the pleasure to watch her grow as a musician and a performer. I first met her at an open mic at the Village Pub in Port Jefferson NY. Now known as LuLus Village Pub.
From there I saw her front Evelyn Red which blossomed into Eva then transformed into Eva Adalai.
In 2007 she recorded This Machine. I have played this CD hundreds if not thousands of time's (no joke) it is that good. I would recommend everyone to get a copy and give it a listen. You won't be disappointed.
This past Friday I got to catch up with her and see her perform at Buckleys Irish Pub in Center Moriches. She was performing from 5:30 to 8:30 performing two sets of well known covers. She captivated the crowd with her interruptions of these well know songs. And by looking at her tip jar the crowd was more than satisfied.
While it seems she has traded the bigger stages for the more intimate venues of Long Island. She looks too have found peace as an artist in this landscape. You can find out more about Eva Adalai at her web site. And you can purchase her CD " This Machine" at itunes or at her next show.

No comments: