Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday Spotlight / Things that irk me.


Why is it in this day and age I can't find a band on the web? And if their name does come up it isn't them. I had this problem for a show I attended on Saturday night.
The first band I couldn't find was The Dynamics. First off bands please do a name search before naming your band after a band that already has that name. Turns out The Dynamics are not the old R&B's group from Detroit, Michigan. The one I saw was lead by David Koltai president of Pixtronix effects pedals. And the only reason I know that is because he mentioned it while onstage. As for his band I still haven't found a web site for them. Hint name is already taken.
I would think if your out there playing you would want to promote yourself the best way possible? Yes or am I mistaken?
I can only believe Pigtronix is doing well. Thats why his band has no web site. It must be through word of mouth and his circle of friends that he's expecting a good turnout on the local scene. Yes or am I mistaken?
As for the band David was coaching the other band members between songs. Giving them cue's as to the tempo of the songs and what to do during the changes of the song. That aside they were very good and entertaining.
Do you think if a band is playing the scene that they should be relevant on the web? I think they should. It could be the deciding factor if I come out to see you play or not.
I had the same problem with one of the other bands on the bill called Rodeo Clown. I had left before they even took the stage.
Bands do yourself a favor and make it easy for people to find you. Post a link back to your band from the club you playing if possible. Hint facebook is a great place to do that. Oh yea there are some hint's above to help you promote yourself.

No comments: